Community Funding Manager
A new and exciting position has become available for a Community Funding Manager. Working within the Community Partnership and supporting both the Community Partnership & Wigan Council in achieving it’s Vision of ‘Confident Place – Confident People’This is a varied role supporting voluntary and community groups and other agencies to maximise funding through the development of high quality funding application and to support the delivery of “The Deal” by providing advice and guidance on bid writing and monitoring techniques.
- Lead on bid writing and applications in line with the Deal ensuring deadlines for new applications and reporting are met.
- Build a detailed understanding of community initiatives, to identify projects and activities of interest to funders.
- Develop, maintain, and strengthening relationships with existing and potential funders
- Undertake research as required to compile prospect’s lists and produce funding briefs.
- Organise learning programme for bid writing fundraising and development activities
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of the major sources of funding appropriate for projects in the public, voluntary and community sectors to identify and maximise opportunities for funding into the Borough.
- Provide detailed information on funding opportunities including strategic funding initiatives led by the Council; establish links and promote a partnership approach between local authority departments, Cultural Partnership and other agencies including voluntary and community groups to generate new project initiatives and to maximise opportunities for funding.
- Assist with the development of high quality, high scoring funding applications in support of individual project applications and projects identified within strategic funding initiatives.
- Work with applicants to produce detailed business plans in support of individual project applications and projects identified as high priority within strategic funding initiatives.
- Promote the role of individual projects within wider strategic funding initiatives.
- Appraise individual project applications against local selection criteria and strategic funding criteria.
- Act as a referral point to appropriate sources of information, advice, support, and expertise as required, assisting with capacity building and the development of appropriate funding applications.
- Negotiate with and represent the Community Partnership, Wigan Council, and its partners in contacts with external funding bodies, regional agencies, government departments and other agencies within the Borough, North West Region, and UK in support of funding applications.
- Contribute to the production of information and reports required for boards.
- Assist with and where necessary to undertake background research in support of potential bids for funding.
- Assist with the development of information and training materials; and to undertake presentations and contribute to training events.
- Keep abreast of new developments, horizon scanning for new initiatives and innovation
- Promote the work of the Community Partnership both locally and nationally
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gemma Atkinosn 01942 608978
Closing date: 5.00pm Friday 14th April 2017